Wednesday, July 21, 2010

So far, so good.

My progress today on my new resolutions:

1. I got up early this morning and went to the fitness center. I did a more jogging-heavy treadmill workout this morning, a little less than two miles in a little over 30 minutes. I don't remember everything I did, but I know I did two five-minute stints at 4.0 as well as a 90-second stint at 5.0. An hour and a cold shower later, upon arriving at Kids Arts and Music Camp at church, two different kids asked me if I was sunburned. Because I was still that red. Throughout the day, I could feel "the effects" of morning exercise... I can't really describe it, but I was more aware of my body actually working, blood pumping, etc. Pretty good feeling, not gonna lie.

2. I ate according to what I had mapped out yesterday. In an effort to get back to better portion control, I'm planning to eat a lot more frozen dinners this week, the WW Smart Ones that I like. I'm sure there's all kinds of reasons to not eat quite that much processed food... and in general, I would prefer to try to cook more "real" food. But, for one week, I think this will be a help to remind me what a serving of you-name-it looks like. So, today's eating went as follows. A dark chocolate fiber plus bar, 3/4 cup of Honey Bunches with Almonds, with 1 cup of 1% milk, all measured out. At camp, a handful of baby carrots and broccoli florets in the volunteer hospitality room. That snack was not on the original plan, but obviously I feel pretty good about that one. For lunch, Smart Ones Chicken Alfredo with a fresh apple and ice water. For dinner, Smart Ones Tuna Noodle with a sizeable portion of baby carrots. I was VERY aware of what WW calls "BLT"s today. Bites, licks, and tastes - little bits of this and that throughout the day did not occur today.

3. Water water everywhere. I know I sent through my Sigg bottle (one liter) three times. I also has at least two or three additional glasses of water with meals.

4. I asked Andrew to take and hide the bathroom scale while I was at church this morning.

No comments: