Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Tale of Two Boxes

As mentioned in a previous post, we moved into our current apartment about a year ago and have only fairly recently began to feel "moved in". This is largely due to the fact that my parents were the ones that actually executed the move - so there have been any number of boxes that didn't get unpacked Right Away, because it was all about necessities.

One of the places that became a catch-all location during the move is our bedroom closet. At various times over the last several months I've promised myself to tackle the closet as my next project.

The good news: the actual organization of clothes is fine, and there's not a bunch of stuff/boxes on the floor. Many of the boxes on the higher shelves are clear plastic boxes that don't need to be gone through - I can see that I have two boxes of Christmas decor, and one big box of old keepsake stuff. There's our suitcases and a sleeping bag. And then:

The bad news: there are two ominous looking large cardboard boxes. Each one has a variety of labels on it, mostly from past moves, but there's no telling what manner of junk could be in these two boxes. I have put off and put off and put off this project. Mainly because I didn't want to think about these two boxes.

Today I tackled the Box Project.

It took me about 30 seconds.

Box 1: empty. Yeah.

Box 2: extra clothes hangers. They're in the Goodwill pile now.

1 comment:

Sarah Filip said...

Awesome. Congratulations!