Monday, July 26, 2010

Big Day

Today was a very busy and long day.

First off, I started the day with a short workout: about 20 minutes on the treadmill, mostly jogging, but some walking. I was forced to go back to the original treadmill, and that 20 minutes did seem more strenuous. Still not entirely sure what to make of that situation.

After that, Andrew and I headed off to look for a new-to-us car. After some (expected) trials and tribulations, we have found a winner! In the morning we'll be finalizing our purchase of a 2003 Ford Taurus. Ta da!

As usual, we have to give a little bit of thanks to Dave Ramsey for helping us to be in a position to pay cash for a car, even as we continue to pay cash for an SMU Master's Degree.

After a morning of car shopping, we returned home for lunch, had an afternoon of running unrelated errands, and the returned to the car lot to have Andrew's dad give the car a once over as well. After getting the green light from Jim and mooching a free dinner off Andrew's family (it's all a part of the Dave Ramsey plan, I swear), we headed home to relax for what was left of the evening.

Sometime around 10pm I got the itch to go back to the fitness center. And, as I'm working really hard to indulge that craving when it appears, I went. This time, back to my new favorite treadmill. Once again, something about this treadmill works for me (probably I'll find out that what it's claiming is 4.2 mph is actually much slower.... and that will make me sad, but oh well). I was able, after a short 90 second warm-up walk, to jog at "4.2 mph" for a full 23 minutes or so. I followed that up with 2 minutes at "5.0 mph", and then went back to a slower pace for just long enough to hit 2 miles in exactly 29 minutes. Go me!

Tomorrow: Weight Watchers weigh in, followed by buying a car. Stay tuned for that!

1 comment:

Wayne Worley said...

Very glad you found a car. I guess this is what you drove to WV? If so, did it meet expectations?