Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Great Success!

Two great successes today:

1. We bought the Taurus pictured in the previous post, and paid for it 100% in cash. I felt a little crazy carrying around a purse full of hundred dollar bills for a few hours there, but it felt pretty good when we were in the finance office and (a) the paperwork was VERY simple and we didn't have to bring a bunch of info about ourselves, proof of income, past bank statements, etc. etc. and (b) it came time to pay and there we went with our cash... 100, 200, 300, 400, 500....
I think Andrew really feels good about the purchase (we both do, but it's in his name and he'll be the primary driver), especially when it started raining tonight and there was no need for us to scramble outside to tape up his car windows.

2. I went to my WeightWatchers meeting this morning, wearing the lightest clothes I could come up with, and having eaten only a small fiber plus granola bar. I weighed in at 173.8 pounds! For those of you keeping score at home, this is a loss of 3.4 pounds this week and an overall loss of 30.2 pounds since starting WW in December! This is also hopefully the beginning of breaking through my 12-week plateau. I would love to see 165 or so before school starts on August 23. For the visual learners, a chart of my progress thus far:

You'll notice my "Goal Weight" is listed as 163. It's not really the final goal, just the next goal. I actually haven't a clue what the final goal might be, mainly because I've never really been at a healthy adult weight, so I don't know what will feel/look right on me. Since I'm only 5 feet tall, the "healthy weight" charts indicate that it would be totally within reason for me to weigh 100 pounds. I passed up 100 pounds in 7th grade, so that seems a little nuts to me. I'm betting if I'm able to get into the 130's I'll be a pretty happy camper. Make that an ecstatic camper. But for now, the goal is to reacquaint myself with the 160's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Terri! (This is Kayla, by the way...)

So proud of you! You're so brave, to post numbers and charts and all that. Where did you get that cute chart, by the way? Is it something you made, or part of Weight Watchers, or something else? Good for you, for sticking with this so long! I've been working out and trying to eat well, too, but unfortunately, the actual weight loss is sloooow going.

Oh well. Congrats on the new car, too! :)

Mrs. H said...

Hi Kayla!

The chart is part of the WW online membership - you enter in your weight each week and it creates the chart. It also does a lot of other nerdy math, like your average weight lost per week, stuff like that. Good to hear from you!!!!