Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Much Needed Kick in the Face

Tonight I went to a WeightWatchers meeting. I weighed in at 177.2. This is a 1.8 pound gain from last week. Last week, I posted a loss... of 1.8 pounds. On April 26th, I weighed 177.4, which marked 26.6 pounds lost in 17 weeks, or an average of a pound and a half per week. Apparently, in the 12 weeks since then, I've lost 0.2 pounds.

So, I'm a little frustrated, to say the least.

So, the following are my resolutions for the next week:
  1. I will do something active every day. I think that for the sake of building some kind of discipline in this area, I'm going to stick with the treadmill for a while. I'm not sure I'm ready to be left to my own devices with regard to my pace. Also, the weather concerns are obviously still in effect for a while. Today I did a little over 2 miles on the treadmill in 35 minutes... more walking than jogging, but a few short jogging stints. Tomorrow I'll go back to the more strenuous workout, more like what I did yesterday.
  2. I will plan my eating a day ahead (and stick to it). I've already mapped out what I'll be eating tomorrow, complete with snacks, fruits and veggies, etc. I should be coming in a little bit under my allotted "points" for the day, which is a target I'll have for this week as a jump start. WW allows you some additional weekly "flex points" which I've been making good use of, and is probably at least some portion of the problem, given my relative inactivity.
  3. I will drink water. Lots and lots of water.
  4. I will not weigh myself until the next WW meeting. Just because it makes me crazy when I'm hopping on and off the scale all week, and it's not even all that accurate or helpful.
Thoughts? Ideas? Comments?





No comments: