Monday, July 28, 2008

What a week! Mostly, what a day!

Well it's been a week like no other. Let's start where I left off!

I had planned last Sunday night/Monday morning to be one of the first 100 customers at the new Buffalo Wild Wings here in McKinney. I was going to stand in line starting at whatever time it took, with our friends Kim and Chris. Well, as it turns out, Kim and Chris are big wimps. We ended up not doing it because they didn't really want to have to wait any more than a couple of hours for free wings for a year. Personally, I was ready to sleep in a lawn chair... but not alone. So, it was a no-go, and I am sans wings, and truth be told, it's probably for the best.

So, instead, on Monday, I kicked my ChaCha habit... into gear! Ha! I have probably spent a good four or five hours each day this week online, answering questions from people all over the US, and getting $0.20 per fabulous answer. I've made just over $200. I know it's not a great hourly wage, but it's fun and easy... and hey, even five bucks an hour is more than I normally make sitting on my butt. And the great benefit of ChaCha is that I can do it when I want, and not do it when I don't want. No reporting availability to a snotty retail store manager and "hoping to get off" for things that are genuinely important to my Real Life. So, yes, I recommend ChaCha. And hey, if you decide to try to be a Guide, just make sure to put me as your referral!

The rest of last week was mostly uneventful, I think. A lot of ChaCha, Andrew in Summer School (which really facilitates the ChaCha), housecleaning, organizing type stuff.

Sunday I got a haircut, and that was the next most eventful thing that happened to me.

And then along came today.

First, I decided to color my hair. Andrew expressed a liking for red. I went and bought a reddish brownish bottle at CVS and went to work! I have done this haircolor thing many times and thought I was very good at it. Well.... I missed a spot! Several spots! I still don't know how I did it, but my hair came out this bright reddy color with streaks of my natural mousy (or as my mother calls it, golden) brown. It was not exactly the look I was going for. So, I sulked for a few hours, and then when Andrew left for class, I headed out to figure out what my next step in the hair color situation would be.

I was driving along, mindin' my own business.... when a little white Sentra driven by a teenage girl (who I genuinely feel bad for, poor thing) didn't see me in her blind spot and WHAMMO tore into the side of my car. Check the pictures.


The good news is, I wasn't hurt, she wasn't hurt, and it wasn't my fault. They've already filed the claim, so I'll call and talk to the insurance folk tomorrow. Right after Jury Duty. That's right, Jury Duty. Stay tuned for that awesomeness.

PS - the hair is fixed. Very red... my hair takes red like crazy... but at least it's not streaky. And maybe the slightly far-out hair color will make me a less attractive juror? Let's hope!

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Doh, sorry to hear about the car accident. I've been in several that were the fault of some young, inexperienced driver. Good times. Glad you weren't hurt!

Kev said...

Do you have any idea if that Buffalo Wild Wings promotion happens every time they open up a new store? They're about to build one out here in Garland, and I would definitely consider lining up for that if the timing worked out.

Sorry to hear about the car....