Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Welcome to the world, James!

Well, it's official - I'm a mom! James was born on August 15th, which means he's now one week and one day old. This also means that I've just gone through the most intense short period of major life change that I can imagine at this point in my life. (Although, I should mention that I hear the transition from Mother of One to Mother of Two can be a real kick in the face... but at this moment, well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.)


Today, I'm hoping/planning to do a series of posts, and given my past history of sporadic blogging, we'll see how that works out. But basically, my little sleep-deprived, New Mommy mind is overflowing a bit right now with experiences and realizations and that sort of thing... so much so that the idea of sitting down today to write just one ginormous post of "hey, I had a kid a week ago, here's how that's going" seems really daunting. Breaking it up into a few posts on specific topics, however... I think I can do that.


So, all that is to say that [SPOILER ALERT] the three of us are healthy and happy and in love with each other, and that's what really matters. But, expect to see some posts on one or more of the following topics, to name a few, in the near future:

  • Our C-section birth story/experience
  • Breast feeding (I plan to tell it like it is, if you will, so if this topic seems like TMI to you, too graphic, creepy, whatever... well, you've been warned. The fact is, this topic now consumes roughly 80% of my life)
  • OSA: Operation Stay Awesome - putting our money where our Years of Non-Parent Judginess mouths are
  • Sleep. That should be a short post.
  • ((Terri + Andrew) + James) - James > Terri + Andrew
  • Baby clothes in August: why bother?
  • James's Weight Loss Saga: Project Fatten Up
  • Terri's Weight Loss Saga: Project Slim Down


So, yeah. I'll be working on some of this today, so stay tuned!


Also, you didn't think I'd update this without giving you a glimpse of the cutest baby ever, did you? Here you go!



James, shortly after birth


First Family Picture


During our hospital stay


Getting ready to leave the hospital



Milk Coma

No comments: