Saturday, August 28, 2010

First Week = Success!

Well, we've finished up the first week of actual school with students, so it's about time for another update of my life of constant change.

This year I've returned to life on just one campus, like a normal person, which has been really nice. Last year I never really "moved in" to either of my schools, and there was a certain amount of disorganization... which I can live with. Anyone who has seen my desk or my home can attest that I'm one of those "organized chaos" people... my desk is like my own personal archeological dig. But, it's by no means my preferred way of life, particularly at work/school. But, it takes time and forethought to create the systems that lead to lasting organization. This year, I feel like I've actually taken several giant steps in the right direction, which is nice.
On a similar note, I've resolved to rein in my after school hours this year. Last year, I didn't do a ton of "overtime" work because I did the entire year more or less in crisis mode, cut a lot of things I might have done in more normal circumstances, and therefore I was pretty much shot by the end of the school day. I think it will be a temptation, now that I'm at one campus, to go back to my old ways of constantly adding on more and more until I'm either (a) at school 24/7 trying to keep everything in control or (b) running around like a crazy person at school because I've taken on more than I can do in a reasonable number of hours. So, that's the plan.

Bad news for this weekend was that I left school before 5 yesterday, assuming that I'd be able to put in a few hours today. Didn't even think about the possibility that the school building would be closed... which of course, it is. Oops. So, I'm a little nervous about falling back into my old flying-by-the-seat-of-my-pants ways on Monday, but I'll make it work.

So far, my kids seem very pro-choir and on board. No obvious attitude problems or behavior issues right off the bat, so that's good. It's looking like a great year for growth!

In other news, I'm still doing WeightWatchers. I transitioned this week from going to Monday/Tuesday meetings, to now going to Saturday morning meetings. So, I went this morning and posted a 2.2 pound loss. That's a total of 33.8 pounds so far. So, back by poular demand, my awesome weight loss chart:

I'm at 170.4 right now, so hopefully next week I'll break into the 160's for the first time in a long long long time.

One of my seventh graders this week said something about me looking different, and I said "well, I've lost thirty pounds." He said "well, that'll do it." So true.

On the exercise front, I'm gone running on the treadmill three times this week (MWF) and each time did about two miles in about thirty minutes. I've now gotten to the point where jogging at 4.5 mph for several minutes (7-10, perhaps) is doable. So, that's nice, to feel a little faster and a little more "in shape".

For those of you out there that are Scentsy fans or clients, please be reminded that Scentsy is 10% off through August, so let me know if you want something!

Now, I'm off to continue with the quest for a cleaner more organized house, since I wasn't able to go in to school today. Laundry calls. Loudly.

No comments: