Monday, March 28, 2011

It's a boy!

Sorry I haven't posted a "real" update in months, but really, are you surprised?

Here's what's happening, pregnancy wise:
I'm currently just a couple days shy of 20 weeks, otherwise known as the halfway point. I definitely look pregnant to those that know me, although I suspect that I may very well just look fat to those that don't know. Not that I'm crying myself to sleep over it. I'm just stating the facts as I believe them.

In general, I've been feeling good. Never had any major nausea or anything like that. It's been pretty much smooth sailing thus far. I'm just now getting to where I notice some discomfort... attempting to roll over from my left side to my right side in bed this morning was enough of a production that I gave up. Not because of my size, but because the action of rolling over caused me to engage some lower abdomen muscles that made me wince in pain. No bueno.

Spoiler alert, I did eventually roll over. I am not currently typing this from my left side in bed.

Last Thursday we had "The Big Sonogram" where they measure everything they can think of. From this, they determined first and foremost that the baby seems healthy and on track! Yay! Further, they determined that it's a boy! So, mark your calendars, kids - baby James coming in August! We got several pictures from this appointment, most of which are posted on facebook... but here's the main one for your viewing pleasure:


What a cutie, right????? OK, so maybe you have to be his mother to find it cute.

Let's see, in non-pregnancy related news:
Andrew is inching closer and closer to graduation! May 14th is the big day for that.
School choir stuff is good for me. We have UIL (our big annual competition) this week, so it'll be good to have that checked off the list.
There are lots and lots of budget cuts going down in my district and in districts throughout Texas. As the head and only choir teacher on my campus, I assume I'm pretty safe, but there are definitely lots of wonderful teachers at nearly every campus who will be out of a job. Anyone who will be out of a job for next year is supposed to know by tomorrow. So, keep your fingers crossed for me and for the many, many nervous teachers out there.

That's it for now!
Terri

1 comment:

annajanine said...

Baby James! What a lucky little guy he is! :)