Saturday, January 15, 2011

A Change is Gonna Come

Well, up until this point, I suppose this blog would probably have fit best into the category of "weight loss blog" as I've chronicled my success with Weight Watchers and my love-hate-love relationship with the treadmill.

Well. No more.

Because while my journey to better health certainly continues, "weight loss" is no longer the goal. At least now right now - seeing as I'm pregnant!

Yup!

Most anyone that I imagine could be reading this probably already knows about my new status as "expectant mother". Here are the details as we know them:

I'm due August 17th, which puts me at 9 weeks and 3 days at this moment. Supposedly the baby is about the size of an olive right now.

I haven't had any sickness to speak of. A bit of cramping at first, the teensiest touch of nausea once or twice, but nothing compared to what I hear about others dealing with. (Our Sunday School class is in the midst of a pregnancy outbreak right now, in which I am the current tail end of what will end up being seven babies born to six moms between August 2009 and August 2011.)

I am constantly tired. That's been my main symptom. Most days I feel like I need a nap immediately after school, and whether I get one or not, I tend to conk out on the couch by about 9:00pm. At this moment, I'm watching the Miss America pageant, which is keeping me up until at least 10.

I'm going to try to update the blog a bit more frequently as this pregnancy progresses. But then again, I feel as though I may have made that promise (minus the pregnancy part) before. So, we'll see. Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Anne K. said...

Terry, many congratulations!

This is Maureen Young's mom, saying hello. She told me about your news and your blog, so I thought I would pop in and say many congrats!

I still have wonderful memories of hearing you sing in high school and bringing an entire audience to tears with your rendition of "You Can't Say You Love Me If You Don't."

Take care, and hope all goes well with the little Hamilton! Best Wishes!

Anne K. said...

Oh, and I should clarify for anyone else reading this -- people cried when you sang because it was so beautiful, poignant, and moving!!!!!